Client: Stadtwerke Karlsruhe, created in 2012-2013
This project consisted of a series of short animations explaining water treatment. It addressed the following questions:
- • How does water get into the groundwater?
- • How do wells work?
- • What is the difference between treated and untreated water?
- • What does ventilation refer to?
- • How are filters cleaned?
- • What route does drinking water take from the plant to the tap?
A 3D model was created based on data from a real water treatment plant. Using this model, the path of water from untreated water to drinking water is explained. As a result, 3D visualizations, animations and a web environment constituting the framework were created. mach:idee developed the concept and created 3D models, animations and illustrations on this topic. A supplementary children’s book was also published.
From untreated water to drinking water
The children’s book can be purchased on Amazon as an e-book -.>
Our character H2O accompanies the animation series.